Friday, February 19, 2010

Is the deluxe acrylic with sealer coat and polyurethane clear coat good for a paint job?

I see two auto body shops advertising these paints and clear coat deals in the newspaper and was wondering if these were good stuff for the low price. They are asking about $299-$349 for the paint, sealer, and polyurethane clear coat. And the $299 deal comes with a 4 year guarantee. I am just looking for something to freshen up my car and not going for a custom,show car paint job. I am also planning to sand and primer it myself or should I just let them spray it? (My car is white)Is the deluxe acrylic with sealer coat and polyurethane clear coat good for a paint job?
Is Deluxe the brand or just a description. It sounds very cheap. With paint, you really get what you pay for.





If you are just wanting a average white paint job, I would go to a auto paint store and get an acrylic enamel white paint. You should be able to get a gallon of paint with reducer and harder for $200 - $250. If you are just repainting (no body work) and your old paint is not peeling then you shouldn't have to use primer or sealer. Just wet sand with 400 grit and paint right over the old paint. With acrylic enamel you don't have to mess with a clearcoat.Is the deluxe acrylic with sealer coat and polyurethane clear coat good for a paint job?
I hate ';clear coat';


It fades, peels, and cracks.





ADDED:


Clear coat just make crappy paint less crappy looking.





ADDED#2


White paint. Oh Jeeze....DON'T CLEAR COAT WHITE PAINT!
. Sanding and primering yourself is a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment