Friday, February 19, 2010

Can I put a clear polyurethane over white enamel paint? ?

White paint is already dry. are there going to any cracks when it all dries outCan I put a clear polyurethane over white enamel paint? ?
Depends why you want to apply the poly over the enamel. If you are going to then use a water-based poly since it doesn't yellow like the oil based.Can I put a clear polyurethane over white enamel paint? ?
I yhink if you read the instructions on the poly it will tell you that the surface needs to be free of grease, dirt and paint. At least the polyurethanes I normally use do. That tells me you don't want to apply it over paint.
Works well over any color paint. Use a fine brush and use uninterrupted even strokes. Let the first coat dry and repeat once or twice more.


Have done it many, many times.


I like the water based Polyurethane.

No comments:

Post a Comment