Friday, February 19, 2010

Blonde moment...I put hallway/bedroom paint in the bathroom. Can I use a polyurethane clear coat to seal it?

I assume you mean you put a latex (water based) paint in the bathroom.


Don't worry, your fine. Do not seal it with Poly or you will create a maintenance problem,


As long as the latex paint does not get showered on with water constantly you are OK.


In the future I would recommend Latex....yes I said latex With 100% acrylic. It will dry fast, clean up easy and shed water beautifully.


Good luckBlonde moment...I put hallway/bedroom paint in the bathroom. Can I use a polyurethane clear coat to seal it?
yeah but it may not work, and it may give you shiny walls (if you use enough of it).


but the bedroom paint should do fine, unless you splash ALOT in the tub.Blonde moment...I put hallway/bedroom paint in the bathroom. Can I use a polyurethane clear coat to seal it?
i think that it will be ok..with that paint...i've done alot of painting in my life and i'v never used special paint for a bathroom and never had any trouble with it
The paint will be alright, I have the same paint in my bathroom as the bedroom and its fine even after 5 years.
Why don't you just buy the correct paint (high gloss or semi gloss) and just paint over it? For sure the correct paint will seal it and what paint is under it does not matter.
Best solution, if you like the color, get a quart or as needed of a semi-glass paint to cover the flat!
The better chose would be to repaint with semi- gloss or High- gloss paint. However semi- gloss is easier to paint over later without having to use a primer if you decide on a semi- gloss paint a few years later.
You will have to strip it and sand it. With all the moisture in the bathroom, it will grow mold and start cracking. Although the crack old look is a hit today.


What does that have to do with a blonde moment? Mistakes are made everyday; don't need to insult any one group for it.
definitely yes. do 2 coats for extra protection
Ask your local paint store, but I don't think thats a common practice... I wouldn't see how you would be able to paint over it without somehow sanding down all the walls!
The paint is not a problem. If it really bothers you, then buy a gloss or semi-gloss paint and repaint the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment